Jersey Poultry &
Ornithological Society sterling silver prize medal. Obverse attractive design
of various pigeons etc; marked manufactured by Fattorini, Bradford. Reverse
unnamed blank center, Society title around edge, & hallmarked Birmingham
In 1881 John Fattorini of
Manningham, Yorkshire near Bradford was a goldsmith employing 12 men and 2
boys. At that time he had several sons who later joined him to become
Fattorini & Sons. Fattorini and Sons started off in Bradford before
moving to Birmingham. They are first listed in the Birmingham trade
directories in 1917. They produced a wide range of badges over the years and
were acquired by their namesake Thomas Fattorini in 1983. They also had
offices in London and Glasgow, with the Glasgow mark occasionally featuring
on the badges.
The hallmarks are an anchor (from Birmingham), a lion
(92.5% pure silver), and the letter e (the year 1904).